As part of the July PMI FW Dinner Meeting, we’ll be spending some time exploring Business Chemistry. Business Chemistry is an approach to strengthening teams and enhancing business relationships. The tool identifies four different types, each characterized by a stable pattern of behaviors and preferences in the workplace. Understanding similarities and differences enables individuals and teams to flex in order to better accommodate different styles.
Prior to the session, we’d like you to identify your Business Chemistry type by completing a quick self-assessment.
Please complete this no later than Wednesday,7/18/2018.
Access the Business Chemistry assessment by clicking here. Please use a desktop or laptop computer.
· Click “LOG IN.”
· Select “No” in response to whether you are a Deloitte employee
· Enter your email address and hit NEXT.
· If you have used the system before, your email will be recognized and you can enter your password; click “Submit”
· If you are registering for the first time, please select “Register” and fill in the required information and BEGIN SURVEY
· Select “I agree” on the Terms and Conditions page, and “SUBMIT” to begin the assessment. If you do not agree you will only have access to the 20Q Hunching Tool.
· Select “OK”
If you have completed the Business Chemistry Assessment in the past you do not need to complete it again, but please click on the above link and login so that your results are included in this session.
Once you complete the assessment, you’ll receive your Business Chemistry profile via the email address you entered when registering. This profile describes your Business Chemistry type and defining traits, as well as specific tips for interacting with others who are similar to and different from you. You may also download the report from the Assessment Results page.
In addition to the Business Chemistry Assessment, you will have access to Biz Chem 20 Questions. This tool helps you develop a hunch or hypothesis regarding another individual's Business Chemistry profile and is available to anyone world-wide. Together with your Business Chemistry results, a hunch can help improve the effectiveness of your interactions with others.
During our time together we’ll dig in to how our Business Chemistry types and traits mix to both strengthen and challenge us in our work together and with others. We’re looking forward to an engaging and productive session together!
The breakdown of the presentation will be as follows:
* Introduction to Business Chemistry
* Completing an online Self-Assessment
* Split room by Business Chemistry Type
* "Love and Bugs" - Understanding your own type
* "Meeting of the minds" - Understanding shared traits and hunching
* "Adapting Your Style" - understand how to interact with all types
* Additional Resources/Closing/Q&A
Kane Wai has more than 20 years of management and consulting experience managing and deploying successful project management methods, tools and project management office (PMO) solutions to large, complex and highly visible projects for his clients with Deloitte Consulting, Hitachi Consulting, Accenture and multiple engineering consultancies. He started his career supporting NASA Manned Space Flight operations as a flight crew instructor and moved into technology project management, Kane is currently responsible for assessing, tailoring and deploying project management methods and tools and establishing PMOs. He is currently serving as the Vice President of Programs for the Dallas PMI Chapter. He has previously served as a member of the PMI Congress Project Action Team (CoPAT) supporting multiple PMI Global Congress events. Kane is also a Deloitte certified classroom instructor at Deloitte University.
Member Type Early Bird* Regular
Chapter Members $20 $35
Non-Members $30 $45
* Early Bird discount for registration and online payment at least three days before event.
DFW Holiday Inn; 14320 Central Station Dr., Fort Worth, TX 76155
Enter your PMI ID OR if you are a non-member please enter your email address.
If you are a new member or have lost your password, please leave the password field blank.
Declined Cancellation Policy
By declining the cancellation policy your online payment cannot be completed.
Members Only Event
This event is for Chapter members only. You may join (or add) this Chapter through the PMI Global website (www.pmi.org). We typically receive your new membership information within 24 hours and you'll be able to sign-on to this Chapter website using your PMI ID number (or registered email address).