Book Club (South)
There are many ways to improve your professional knowledge and skills. One way is to increase your knowledge is by reading current and relevant project management books.
We've created book clubs that are designed to be small discussion groups led by a facilitator. It's an informal group meeting for a Saturday morning breakfast. These are professional like-minded individuals who are striving to increase their knowledge and skills.
Lean Change Management by Jason Little
In this book we will cover:
1) Why does change resistance emerge and what you should NOT do about it. And of course, how to harness that human reaction to the benefit of all involved in the change process.
2) Step-by-step descriptions of how we combined ideas from many change methods and frameworks to develop a customized change management process that was right for The Commission.
La Madeleine Restaurant, 4626 SW Loop 820, Fort Worth, TX 76109
There is no cost to attend this event. Attendees will be responsible for acquiring the book and cover their food/beverage costs at the restaurant. Please register so that we can estimate numbers for the restaurant.
Gather at this location and order your breakfast and coffee. Look for the group in a designated area of the restaurant.
Facilitator will open session and handle meeting logistics. Using a book discussion outline, the group will discuss book selection and upon completion will rate the book. This information is then uploaded to the chapter website.
Other book club business includes:
* selection of next book by popular vote (see webpage for details)
* selection of meeting facilitor for next book (volunteer requested)
* Request volunteer to write a review for current book to be posted on chapter website
Want to learn more?
See the Book Club webpage
This is a PDU qualified event. PDUs may be earned by attending the meeting (2 PDUs), reading the book (2-4 PDUs) or taking on one of the assigned roles such as facilitator or reviewer.
Please note: Category limitations may apply
If you have any questions, please send an email
to the book club manager.